Monday, July 22, 2013

July 15, 2013


July 15, 2013

It was a great week in Kentucky Country! We spent a good part of the week on the road. We blitzed Hodgenville which is near the middle of Kentucky. We got to drive through gorgeous Kentucky to get there! Sister West probably gets sick of me telling her how pretty the sky is all the time. But seriously, most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen and I get to see them everyday. Driving to Hodgenville we went past the boyhood home of Abraham Lincoln and then zoomed past his birthplace which is in Hodgenville. It was pretty sweet! I got to spend the day with Sister Ward. We got caught in a huge rainstorm in the middle of the day and ended up being soaking wet and had to go to a members home to dry off a bit before going back out again. It was pretty adventurous! The rainstorms out here are insane! One minute it's drizzling and the next it's pouring like crazy! Gotta love sploshy shoes all day.
 
The next day we went to Columbia, KY. I got to spend the day with Sister Byer who has been out for 5 weeks now. We ended up being at two members homes that night so I had to eat two dinners and I thought I was going to die! I was so full of food! But it was still a great day!
 
Sister West and I got some good time in our area this week. We are teaching the nicest lady named Marsha. She actually wanted to be Mormon when Mitt Romney was running for President but thought you had to go on a mission to join the church so we cleared up that concern really quickly! We also got to have dinner at a family's home where the wife had recently converted. It's so amazing to see how people are so much happier and full of light when they accept the Gospel! We get to teach her and their family the new member lessons which I'm pretty excited about.
 
Well I hope ya'll have a great week!
 
Sister Hodges





 Gorgeous Kentucky


Sister West now calls me bird killer . . . . 


One of my Zone Leaders drew our entire Zone in Star Wars form. . . . . kind of awesome



No comments:

Post a Comment