Monday, March 11, 2013

Hello From The MTC

HELLO!

 Well I officially made it through three days here at the MTC and it has been SOOOO great!!!

 This has already been one of the most challenging and rewarding things I've ever done. This place is literally like a little piece of heaven on earth. The spirit here is unlike anything I've ever experienced! There's so much to tell I don't even know where to start!

 First thing, I met my companion, Sister Short. Crazy thing is we'd already found eachother on facebook after we found out we were going to the same mission! Crazy! She's so great and I'm so blessed to be comapnions with her. And she's majoring in hip-hop dancing and break dances which is pretty awesome!

 Everyone in my district is going to Kentucky and they're all so great It has been such a blast getting to know them so well in just a few short days. There are Four sets of Elders and three sets of sisters if I'm remembering it right.

Time here is the craziest thing. Each day feels like a week, but it feels like a week that just flew by! I feel like my brain is constantly being stretched to make room for the flood of knowledge they're giving me here.

 Sister Short and I taught our first lesson yesterday to one of our teachers who played the part of an investigator, Jason. It was pretty nerve-racking, but it was really good! We taught a decent lesson, but I learned probably one of the most important things you can while here. You are teaching real people! You need to love them and teach according to what they need at that moment.

On Thursday we met our President and counselers. President Wenn is literally like 4'6" hahaha which is awesome!! But he's definitly a spiritual giant!! He's so great as well as his counselers! Love them all!

Crazy thing is after they interviewed all of us and got to know everyone in my district a little better they called a District leader, two zone leaders, and a coordinating sister. I wasn't nervous cause I thought there was no way I'd be called to the coordinating sister position, but despite what I thought, President Wenn offered me the calling. And I thought it'd be a good idea to not turn down the first calling offered to me on my mission.

I didn't feel too overwhelmed till afterward he went over what my calling entailed and I was like ohhhhh dear! But I know the Lord doesn't make mistakes and there is something I need to learn from this! Thanks goodness for my amazing companion who will help me through it!

 To get an idea of what I've been doing the last few days here's a rough schedule:

6:30 Get up, get ready

7:40 Gym time!

8:30 Get ready for the day

9:00 Personal Study

10:00 Workshop (Learn something new with other districts)

11:00 Study Time

11:30 Lunch! Whoo!

12:15 Study

12:30 Class Instruction

3:30 Zone Teaching (From our Zone Leaders)

4:30 Dinner

5:15 Personal Study

6:30 Meet Branch Pres

7:30 Interviews

8:00 Zone Leader Orientation

9:00 Companion Planning

9:30 Personal time

10:30 Time for Bed

 So it's a full day, but it is so great! Your constantly learning and I love it so much!!! Till next time!

 Love,
Sister Hodges :)

*Janna flies to Kentucky on March 18.  While she is in the MTC you can write her for free through dearelder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment