Friday, March 21, 2014

Back to College


Life has been crazy! I got transferred from Olney, IL to Morehead, KY! You would think it would be easier after doing this for the third time now, but a piece of your heart always seems to stay where you served. Sometimes I hadn't even realized how much I had grown to love an area until I have to leave it. But If there's one thing I've learned here it's that change is always for the better when it's something the Lord wants or needs you to do. And that's proven right this time. My new companion has taught me so much! Sister LeFevre (Le-fever) is a awesome missionary! She's only been out for 3 months but if no had told me that I would have guessed she'd been out longer than me. She's a convert who was baptized 6 years ago. We've had a lot of different life experiences but we're still almost like the same person. We have SO much in common! It's crazy sometimes. Like even the fact that we both like just butter on our waffles. With that, it's been pretty great being companions with her. 

Morehead, KY is a nice little college town. It's been a little weird having so many people my age everywhere and being around college life again. We are teaching a few college students, which is also different since their lives are so busy and crazy. Talking to college students on the street is interesting too. At that age you don't know if your going to get someone at a point in there life looking for something or someone not interested at all in spiritual things. It's an adventure. The other day we ran into someone who was one of the people that seemed like he was looking. He was nice chill guy who, when we asked if he had a belief in Jesus Christ, replied that he was trying. We shared a scripture from Alma 32 that expounds on faith and how if we can have "no more than a desire to believe let this desire work in you even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." He seemed to really like that scripture and hopefully we'll be meeting with him soon. 

Have a great week! 

Sister Hodges 

No comments:

Post a Comment