Sunday, March 2, 2014

February 24, 2014

Mom!
Well, it's been quite the week. A LOT of adjusting. It was pretty hard the first couple of days. I thought I would have it down by now, transferring and all, but I guess not. But, it's okay cause change is hard and hard times build you up, so it's really been a blessing. Heavenly Father has helped me through it. Like when you and dad sent me pizza, OH MY, talk about an answer to prayer!!!! I was feeling SO overwhelmed and so out of place! And I prayed for strength so that I wouldn't break down and then the doorbell rang! And we were REALLY confused and I was like let's just answer it and it was manna from heaven!!! In a strangers hand in the form of pizza. It was like that story that Pres Monson told at the relief society broadcast about the woman really wanting homemade bread and receiving it. THANK YOU. It meant so much to feel that love and support from you and dad and awareness from Heavenly Father.
After being here for a week I feel great here. Sister LeFevre and I have gotten to know each other a lot better and we have so much in common! Like we were both setters, captains, play basketball, love food, want to go to Greece, etc. It's awesome. And she's such a wonderful missionary. She's only been out three months but she works really hard and is really dedicated and focused which is awesome. She has a bachelor's degree in communication and she is wonderful at socializing. She's awesome.
That's cool that Bro Curry got a hold of you! He's nice. He said that you and dad talked me up a lot so I have a lot to live up to haha. I can tell that he really loved his mission. I've heard a missionary story without fail every time I've seen him. He went to Rick's and dad said the two of them get along which is nice.
I saw the pictures of Miss Quincy Grace!! She is beautiful :) I can't believe Sam and Kelly officially have a baby!! Crazy, I forget sometimes and then remember and I'm like WHOA!
Sister Airmet is in my district now!!!!! Whoooo!!!! Did you know that Sister Airmet's mom sent me a card, candy and subway card for my birthday?! She's like the nicest lady ever and I've never met her!!! I need to send her a thank you card for sure.
Anyways, sounds like Randy is a bomb.com wrestler!!! What a stud. I'm happy seminary is going good too!
Well Mom, I sure do love you and you're support and love means the world! I love you so much!
Love,
Sister Hodges
"Manna" 
Janna with Rene
With Sister Ellsworth and the Thaxton's


 

No comments:

Post a Comment