Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Talk About March Madness

Well, it was a good week! I discovered a couple of things. First off, I realized how much I don't know about taking care of sick people. Sister LeFevre caught a bug and was out a couple of days with the flu. This is my knowledge of what to do when you have the flu: sleep and maybe eat toast if you feel up to it. I went a step further and gave her come medicine since she had a fever- ibuprofen, cause it says fever reducer on the bottle! Bro Curry, my ward mission leader, called to check up on us and informed me that ibuprofen was not good enough, I needed Tylenol or Motrin. And I needed to be on alert day and night so that when Sis LeFevre woke up I could make sure that she drank LOTS of fluids and took the prescribed medicine. So, I did. I may have gone a little mother-bear on her when she would wake up in the middle of the night, pointing my unseen finger at her in the dark, demanding that she take Tylenol and drink lots of water.
 
It also brought up a lot of free time in our apartment. Without internet and literally only 4 different books to read plus scriptures and church magazines, I chose to de-clutter the house and I got lots of good Book of Mormon reading time in. It was super.....not too exciting.

Another realization I made was that it's March Madness! Not cause I realized it's March, but cause everyone and their dog likes to keep us informed on how Kentucky is doing in the tournament. I may have already been waiting to hear how they would do against Wichita State and may have overheard lots of cheering when they beat the undefeated team! I can only imagine what Thursday is going to be like when they go against Louisville! Oh man. Seriously, it's going to be a mad house in the state of Kentucky. Talk about rivals.

Anyways, it's been a great week in the wonderful state of Kentucky! Hope y'all have a good one!

Sister Hodges

No comments:

Post a Comment