Monday, June 24, 2013

Knocking On Our Door


This past week was just as crazy as the one before, if not more crazy.
We were able to pick up pick up our area more this week and found some great new investigators!
I exchanged with the Tates Creek Bike Sisters and spent a day on a bike in a part of Lexington. It was so great! I LOVE being on a bike! Even if it was super hot and I was sweating like a mother bear. Sister Kuenzle, the sister I spent the day with, was so fun to be with! She's from Canada so it was fun to hear her say sorry and bag. The most eventful part of the day was in the morning when there was a knock on our door. We were a little confused since usually no one comes to a missionary apartment. We open the door and lo and behold there are two Jehovah Witness missionaries. Whoa. I don't think they realized that we were mormon missionaries even with our name tags on. They probably would have run in the other direction. They shared a nice little message with us and offered us a Watch Tower which we kindly declined. Nice ladies. It was interesting being on the other side of the door.
At the end of the week we blitzed with the Berea Sisters which was great. Both of the Sisters had only been out for one transfer so it was great to get to know them more and answer questions on how to help the area. I spent the day with Sister Minson. I got to meet one of their less-active members who says she can interpret dreams which was interesting.
Yesterday was probably the highlight of my week! We got to spend lunch with the Nicholl's (the members we live with) and they told us about how a snake had gotten into the house the day before and was very big and tried to get into the basement which is where we stay. So now I'm on snake alert and informed my companion that if there's a snake that she better keep up with me cause I'm going to be out of sight and sound very quickly. The best part of the day was definitely the broadcast about missionary work! 70,000 missionaries?! It is insane! And all of the changes coming are hard to wrap my mind around. If you didn't see the broadcast, watch it! I'm SO excited though and so grateful to be apart of the work at this exciting time! The Lord really is hastening His work!
Have a great week ya'll!
Sister Hodges

No comments:

Post a Comment