Sunday, September 8, 2013

Head to Heart

September 1, 2013


I've seen a reoccuring theme on my mission. There have been several moments where something that I'd grown up learning in the church went from my head to my heart. Like, I knew that we had a prophet on the earth today that leads and guides our church, but I didn't realize that we need a prophet with the authority from God to establish the Plan of Salvation and help of understand our relationship with our Heavenly Father.
 
Today, I had one of those head to heart experiences. Throughout my whole mission I've used the scripture Moroni 10:3-5 TONS of times. I love laying out really clearly what you need to do to find out if the Book of Mormon is true. I was studying prayer today and pondering how I could improve my communication with my Heavenly Father. Preach My Gospel referred me to that same scripture. I almost didn't turn to it since I pretty much know it by heart now, but I had this desire to read it again. As I read, the light-bulb came on! Not only were these few verses a guideline for how to know if the Book of Mormon is true, it was a guideline for personal revelation!: Remember, Ponder, Pray-with sincerity, real intent, & faith in Christ, and seek for the Holy Ghost to let you know all truth.
 
"If you want to talk to Heavenly Father, Pray. If you want to hear Him talk back, read the scriptures."

 
Sister Hodges


It's not Hodgenville, its HodgeSville! (That's where Sister Priebe was serving:))


Stormy! Our members cat

Tobacco scary house!
 


 This is me in a "cacoon" that sister west put me in since we stayed the night in a fridge. 
Just kidding a sisters apartment that was freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment